Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! (この美術部には問題がある! ) translated as This Art Club Has a Problem! is a television anime adaptation of the manga series of the same name, produced by Feel and broadcasted by TBS, CBC, SUN, BS-TBS. The first episode was scheduled to air on July 7, 2016. The series is composed of one 12-episode season which is being simulcasted weekly on Crunchyroll and AnimeState.
The anime series was directed by Kei Oikawa and written by Naruhisa Arakawa, with music by Gin, sound direction by Satoshi Motoyama, and character designs by Mai Otsuka based on the original designs by Muru Imigi.
- Main article: List of episodes
Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! focuses on an art club in a certain middle school, and its members: Subaru Uchimaki, who is a genius at drawing faces, but only wants to draw the perfect 2D wife; Colette, a rich troublemaker who never stops making mischief; and the club president, who sleeps through sessions and collects sleeping aids. Mizuki Usami is the only person in the club who wants to do art club-like activities, and constantly struggles to do so.
- Mizuki Usami - The female Art Club member who serves as the straight man of the group and probably the only one with common sense. She has feelings for Subaru, but usually denies it.
- Subaru Uchimaki - An Art Club member who is not interested in 3D girls and always drawing 2D girls, hoping one day he would find a perfect (2D) bride, even though he can easily win any art contest if he tries.
- Colette - An underclassman and an Art Club member who has only been in Japan for 6-7 years. She is easily drawn to things by curiosity.
- President - President of the Art Club and a third-year student. Despite his position, the primary thing he does in the club room is sleeping.
Opening Theme Edit
- Starting Now! by Mizuki Nana.
Ending Theme Edit
- cubic futurismo by Uesaka Sumire.